We all know and love kratom at Super Speciosa (if you’re still not sure what kratom is exactly, check out this resource). But where should you start on your kratom journey? We’ve pulled together our top 7 tips for getting the most out of your kratom experience.
Whether you’re taking kratom for the first time or just want to brush up on your kratom knowledge, here are our best tips for living that kratom lifestyle:
Tip #1: Serving size
When it comes to achieving your desired effects from kratom, serving size is a very important factor to take into consideration.
The recommended serving size for average kratom users is 1 teaspoon, or 2.4 grams. But if you’re just beginning your kratom lifestyle, start with 1 gram of kratom, and adjust upwards as needed. The density of kratom can vary from batch to batch; use a scale for more accurate measurements.
Remember, everybody is different, so there are no hard and set rules for kratom usage. Just go with what feels right for you. As you continue to figure out your ideal kratom amount, you can always try slowly increasing your serving size until you get the desired outcome you want. If you try the 1 gram serving size and you like what you get, stick with it! You definitely don’t have to increase if you like the results where you are.
With kratom, “less is more”: a smaller serving size will be energizing, while a larger serving size is more sedative and relaxing.†
It is recommended to not exceed 4 grams within a 24 hour period.
Tip #2: “Toss & wash” method
The “toss & wash” method is one of the most simple yet effective ways to take kratom. We love this method for those kratom users who want the benefits but dread drinking kratom. Toss & wash gets it over with so you can move to tastier parts of your day. All it takes is some kratom and a chaser such as flavored water, sports drink, iced tea, or your favorite beverage of choice to “wash” down the kratom.
Toss & wash is a faster way to consume your kratom and allows quick absorption of the plant into your body. You can complete the toss & wash method in 4 easy steps:
- Measure out your kratom serving size.
- Get a cup of water or your beverage of choice. This will be used to “wash” down the kratom.
- “Toss” or place the kratom powder in your mouth. Make sure that you do not breathe or swallow the powder. If you do, it can cause discomfort, coughing, and possibly wasted kratom powder. Inhaling kratom powder can be potentially dangerous as well, so this method should only be used if you’ve been on your kratom journey for awhile already.
- “Wash” down the kratom by taking a gulp of water or desired beverage. Allow the kratom to mix with the liquid before swallowing. Take another sip of water to wash it all down.
Kratom can be very bitter, so be prepared when using this method! If you can’t tolerate the taste even with this faster method, try our capsules or tablets instead.
Tip #3: Know your kratom products
With hundreds of kratom vendors and products on the market, it can be a challenge to identify which company or product to trust. There are a few key factors to keep in mind that will help you identify suspicious kratom activity:
- Make sure the product is properly lab tested. Many companies claim they lab test their products, but they may test just one large batch, or tamper with the lab certificate. Here at Super Speciosa, we offer complete transparency. All of our kratom is tested in small batches by a third-party lab for contaminants, heavy metals, and alkaloid content. Every single product comes with a QR code on the label that takes you directly to the original lab certificate of that batch. Read about our lab testing here.
- It’s vital to know the mitragynine and 7-OH content of your product. These are the two main alkaloids that are responsible for the effects of kratom. Every batch has a unique alkaloid profile, which contributes to the wide range of kratom’s effects. When taking kratom for the first time, it’s recommended to experiment with different strains to see which is the right fit for you. At our company, we distinguish our strains based on mitragynine content. For example, our Super Speciosa variety will always guarantee above 1.4% mitragynine content. Click here to read more about kratom strains.
- Not every company follows strict guidelines when it comes to the production of kratom. At Super Speciosa, we follow strict Good Manufacturing Practices and FDA guidelines to produce safe, effective, and high-quality kratom. We are also one of the first companies to be certified by the American Kratom Association, which set forth standards that are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations. We go above and beyond to deliver safe kratom, and if you’re not satisfied, you have a 30-day money-back guarantee. Learn more about our manufacturing process here.
When you get kratom from Super Speciosa you can rest assured that you are checking the box on all three of the items above.
Tip #4: Stay hydrated!
Kratom can be dehydrating, so it’s important to drink lots of water after taking kratom. Some users experience slight dizziness after consuming kratom. This may be due to dehydration.
Hydration is very crucial when it comes to taking kratom. Some users claim that staying hydrated may help prolong the effects of kratom.
Tip #5: Taking kratom on an empty stomach
When taking kratom for the first time, you can take kratom on an empty stomach, but be sure to start at a small serving size, around 1 to 2 grams, and adjust based on how your body responds (but don’t over do it).
When taken on a full stomach, you may not feel the effects of kratom as quickly, since your body will absorb it slower — you may not even feel the effects at all, depending on how much you ate. You may have to increase your serving size if you are consuming kratom right after a meal.
Bigger serving sizes on an empty stomach may cause nausea and discomfort. The key takeaway for this tip is to be aware of how having a full stomach can impact your kratom consumption, and adjust your serving sizes based on what works for you.
Tip #6: Tolerance breaks
Users may develop a tolerance to kratom over time. When first starting out with kratom, low servings will provide you with the desired effects. As you continue to adjust your serving size over your kratom journey, you will discover your “sweet spot”: the right amount and strain that gives you the effect that you need.
However, if you do not monitor your tolerance, you may feel the need to take kratom at a much higher serving size over time. Potentially, this can lead to using too much kratom. To avoid this problem, take tolerance breaks often. If your normal serving isn’t delivering the results that you are looking for, instead of increasing the serving size, take a break. Rotating different strains may help as well.
Tip #7: Storing the kratom
As far as storing kratom goes, if you store it at room temperature (or colder), kratom will not spoil for at least a year from its package date. Super Speciosa has done stability tests to determine that alkaloids like mitragynine hold up over these long periods of time — so no reason to worry that your older bag of kratom might have lost its magic!
When it comes to storing kratom, here are a few tips to ensure that your kratom stays safe and effective.
- Make sure you store your kratom in an airtight container. Our kratom comes in durable, puncture-resistant, moisture-resistant, and oxygen-resistant high-barrier materials to keep your products fresh. This will prevent any contamination, moisture, or bacteria from getting into the product. When kratom is exposed to the open air, oxidation can occur, which can cause damage. Moisture can cause clumping or hazardous mold to grow.
- Store your kratom in a dark, cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. You can even use amber-colored glass jars for further protection from light.
The temperature where you store your kratom should be consistent. Don’t place your kratom near HVAC or heater vents, refrigerators, or above a dryer.
- When storing for longer periods of time, consider using vacuum sealed storage and/or storing in the freezer.