Are you tired of eating the same boring breakfast? Are you waking up feeling groggy and unmotivated to start your day? Feeling like you need that energy boost, but without the jitteriness that comes with caffeine? Enhance your morning routine with a wholesome kratom breakfast.
Kratom has a significant bitter taste and can be hard to consume for some people. With that in mind, the Super Speciosa team hit the lab to create the best-tasting, healthiest kratom breakfast recipes.
These 3 recipes will give fellow Super Leaf Warriors that much-needed pick me up in the morning, without compromising taste, health, and well-being.
Recipe #1: Kratom Overnight Oats
Make the perfect batch of kratom overnight oats with this recipe. This is a great dish for those of you who want to grab something healthy when you’re on the go. No cooking skills or heat is needed to produce this satisfying dish.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup milk, dairy or dairy-free
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, or dairy-free yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp of kratom
- Add all the ingredients to a mason jar or bowl with an airtight lid.
- Stir the ingredients together. Press down with a spoon to make sure all the oats have submerged in the milk.
- Secure the lid. Leave in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Open up your oats the next morning and enjoy! Feel free to add toppings of your choice like cacao nibs, fresh fruits, coconut flakes, and more. You can even throw it in the microwave for 45 seconds for a warm cup of oatmeal.
- Please consume within 12-24 hours of making this dish.
Rolled oats make a nutritious, complete breakfast.
Benefits of rolled oats:
- They’re nutritious. They include vitamins and minerals such as Manganese, Phosphorus, Magnesium Copper, Iron, Zinc, Folate, Vitamin B1 (thiamin), and Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
- They’re rich in antioxidants
- They’re high in fiber
- They may lower cholesterol and improve blood sugar control
- They’re very filling, leaving you full until lunchtime.
- They can decrease the risk of childhood asthma
- Last but not least, they may relieve constipation
Recipe #2: Kratom Acai Bowl
Wake up with a bowl of berry goodness while soaking in the sunrise. This amazing kratom acai bowl will have you feeling uplifted and ready to take on the day!
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup milk or juice
- ½ cup yogurt
- 200g frozen acai puree
- Assorted toppings (nuts, seeds, fresh fruit, granola, coconut)
- 1 tsp of kratom
- Make sure all fruit ingredients are frozen before blending. You can freeze the bananas by cutting them into slices and storing them in an airtight ziplock bag to freeze.
- Get a high-speed blender with a tamper. Blend the milk (or juice) and yogurt in the blender. Then, incorporate the frozen fruit while keeping the blender at a low speed. Use the tamper to press the fruit down so that all the ingredients blend smoothly.
- Once all the ingredients are blended, add the smoothie to a bowl. Decorate with your favorite toppings, like nuts, seeds, fresh fruit, granola, chia seeds, and/or coconut. Enjoy!
Acai berries are also packed with nutrients, as well as many other benefits:
- Acai berries have a unique nutritional profile for a fruit, as they’re somewhat high in fat and low in sugar.
- They’re loaded with antioxidants.
- They may improve cholesterol levels.
- They may have a possible anti-cancer effect.
- They could boost brain function.
Recipe #3: Kratom Protein Pancakes
Pack some punch in your morning routine! Since kratom can be used as a pre-workout supplement, kratom + protein pancakes make a perfect combo.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup egg whites
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp of kratom powder
- Incorporate all the ingredients into a blender. Blend on medium-low until all the ingredients are evenly mixed together.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan on medium. Pour batter in small circles (optional: add chocolate chips or blueberries). Heat 2-3 minutes on one side and flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot. Add butter, syrup, peanut butter, and any toppings of your choice. Bon appétit!
These pancakes are also packed with the nutritional benefits of flax seeds. Benefits of these amazing seeds:
- They’re loaded with nutrients
- They’re high in omega-3 fats
- They’re rich source of lignans, which reduces risk in cancer
- They’re rich in dietary fiber
- They improve cholesterol
- They may lower blood pressure
- They contain high-quality protein